Tuesday 19 June 2012

I'm back bitches ;) YOLO

So I haven't written on here for a while, and for that I apologise. I put it down entirely to various university shenanigans, but the good news is that now I'm back and I intend to write all summer (hah, lucky you guys!) 


Judging from my previous posts, my mind seems pretty fixated on the topic of love. While this is still very much a subject I have a lot to say on, I hope that my blog finds a bit more balance in the coming months.


Its not that I don't enjoy writing about love, on the contrary, I find it very therapeutic. Its just that recently I've realised there is a lot more to life then finding 'Mr. Right' or even 'Mr. Okay-for-the-Moment'. 


Life is about being happy, and finding a man doesn't mean it will complete you. Sure, it would make things a hell of a lot easier knowing that theres someone there to support you, but whose to say you can't get the same kind of love from your friends and family?


 If you are not confident in yourself, the chances are no is going to have the confidence to fall in love with you.  


So with all that said, for me, this summer is the summer I fall in love...


...With myself. 


I don't this in a vain, superficial, cheesy way, I mean that I am going to learn to be totally self-sufficient and put myself first. This doesn't mean no men, I'm not super-human (okay, maybe I'm just a bit naive...), but quite simply I'm not going to put them first. As bleak as this sounds, the only person you have in this life is yourself, so why not invest a little bit of time on yourself? 


After all, YOLO bitches. 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment